|Truth, Part 1|
|Season 2, Episode 21|
|Air date||May 12, 2013|
|Written by|| Michael Foley and |
|Directed by||Randy Zisk|
| Episode Guide|
"Truth, Part 2"
Truth, Part 1 is the 21st episode of Season 2, the first episode of the two-part Season 2 finale, and is also the 43rd episode overall.
The second season of Revenge culminates in a special two-hour finale event with two back-to-back episodes filled with high octane and life changing moments. In the first hour, entitled "Truth, Part One", a series of dangerous events have been set in motion and it all comes to head in one catastrophic moment that will change everyone's lives forever.
|“||Darkness scares us. We yearn for the comfort of light as it provides shape and form, allowing us to recognize to define what's before us. But what is it we're afraid of really? Not the darkness itself, but the truth we know hides within.||”|
Jack tells Victoria what he knows about the laptop could prove Conrad was behind everything that happened to David Clarke. He believes the computer may be hidden in the safe in his office but needs Victoria’s help to open it. He doesn’t see her hide a file with his name on it; however, Jack does find a file on Amanda Clarke showing she spent time in Japan. He unwittingly reveals to Victoria Ashley is in cahoots with him. The search for the laptop comes up empty. Jack lets Victoria know his only option is to go to the press with the audio tape of Conrad vaguely ordering Amanda’s death.
Daniel and Charlotte walk through the gridlocked streets of New York to their father’s campaign headquarters. Conrad orders his son to steer clear of the offices of Grayson Global. In fact, he asks him shut down all operations for the day. He wants Daniel by his side for the press event for his big political speech. Victoria clues in Conrad about Jack’s plan to sabotage the campaign gala. She also lets him know Ashley is working with him. Conrad uses this information to his advantage, as he orders security to keep Jack away from campaign headquarters. Conrad is pleased to see Ashley is trying to relay the aforementioned info to her covert cohort.
Declan hurts his hand trying to smash out of the ATM vestibule where he’s trapped with Regina. These two don’t like each other at all. But they both like Charlotte. Declan realizes Regina is looking for more than friendship with his girlfriend when he sees she downloaded the video of their kiss onto her phone. When the power is restored, Regina pushes herself past Declan, who later learns she stashed money in his pocket. It was all part of her plan to turn Charlotte against him. Declan is shocked when Regina claims he stole her money and roughed her up in the ATM and is further stunned when Victoria tells him Charlotte is pregnant.
Emily finds several photos amongst Takeda’s belongings. The first is of a pretty Japanese woman. The second is of an indentified man. Emily believes this could be Takeda’s killer. She believes this guy may be targeting Aiden next; the theory doesn’t last long once she realizes the man whom she hopes to protect is her mentor’s killer. Aiden reveals the Japanese woman in the photo was a flight attendant on the plane her father was accused of taking down. Takeda had his own revenge agenda (or, as Nolan puts it, revengenda.) He tried to kill Aiden when he threatened to expose his true cause. Emily’s head is spinning. She wants Aiden to run while she tries to steer all implication away from him.
There have been security breaches at all major banks thanks to the power problems throughout the area. Daniel tries to get full power restored to the mainframe at the Grayson Global offices. All employees have been sent home. Only the electronics repairman remains. Emily recognizes this guy from Takeda’s photo. She gives chase, but loses him in the elevator. In other news, Jack receives a text from Ashley telling him to meet her at the Grayson Global offices. Conrad is actually the true sender of the text luring Jack to the empty building.
Aiden is preparing to leave town when he learns from Nolan Emily was willing to give up revenge for love once before. He’s crushed to learn she was willing to do it for Jack. Aiden says goodbye to Nolan, his unexpected friend. Speaking of unexpected friends, Charlotte questions Regina. She knows Declan has never lied to her before, hence why she walks away from Regina now. Aiden is also walking away from his true love.
Jack lets Nolan know he’s headed to Grayson Global to pick up the incriminating laptop. Emily knows it's impossible, as she tossed the computer in the ocean. The repairman she saw at the office is a former German Special Forces soldier named Gregor Hoffman. He’s an assassin who was accessing the servers at the Grayson Global offices. Jack is headed straight into a trap. Emily and Nolan race through the still gridlocked city to reach him before he goes inside.
Nolan tries to reach Jack via cell, but servers are still scrambled. He leaves a voicemail message as Emily rushes on. Jack hears his phone ping as he steps into the offices. A shadow is seen in the distance. Across the street, Conrad gives his speech. He checks his watch while glancing over at the Grayson Global building. Gregor Hoffman gives him a knowing nod from the audience. Suddenly, cell phones everywhere start pinging. The text message they all receive reads "LONG LIVE DAVID CLARKE". Everyone looks at the message, some are puzzled, some do not pay any heed to it. Victoria tells Conrad she too received the message, and then Conrad looks at Grayson Global building. An explosion at the Grayson Global building rocks the city. Devastation and chaos arise. Emily looks up helplessly, fearing for Jack.
The screen then goes blank, as per the beginning of the Season 2 conclusion.
- Charlotte [crying]: Oh, no!
- Emily: Takeda?
- Nolan: Oh, my God.
- Emily: Don't touch him; whoever did this must have gained Takeda's trust.
- Nolan: Someone from the Initiative?
- Nolan: It's the only blade here.
- Emily: Killer took the other weapon -- whoever did this moved his body.
- Nolan: Why?
- Emily: Respect -- was a fair fight. They were evenly matched.
- Nolan: Takeda's infinity box? Who is this women?
- Emily: I have no idea.
- Nolan: Do you think this could be Takeda's killer?
- Emily: I don't know, but if he is, he is probably cleaning house, which means Aiden can be next.
- Nolan: Or you?
- Nolan: Takeda had his own revengenda?
- Conrad: Whichever candidate you support, it is more important than ever that we exerise our civil duty.
- -- Conrad looks at his watch --
- Conrad: Uh, they are still plenty of time to go out and convince your friend, your neighbor, your family to bravely venture into the storm of incertainty [sic] and elect your next governor!
- -- Audience applauds, while Conrad looks suspiciously at a man and nods his head. --
- Conrad: And I implore you to make sure that your voice is heard in this election -- because it's not just a vote, it's an act of courage!
- -- Ashley, Emily, Daniel, Victoria and the rest of the audience all recieve a text message that reads "LONG LIVE DAVID CLARKE" --
- Conrad: It's an act of defiance in the face of those who seek to destroy our way of life -- a sovereign responsibility to take control of our own destiny -- so let's send them a message, that we are in control.
- Victoria: Long live David Clarke?
- -- Victoria shows Conrad the text --
- -- Jack and Nolan on the phone. Emily is beside Nolan. --
- Nolan: Jack, where are you?
- Jack: I'm downtown. Hey, you know that computer that Amanda used to blackmail Conrad?
- Nolan: Yeah, why?
- Jack: Well I'm about to get my hands on it. I need your help to crack the password.
- Nolan: N-N-Jack, slow your role. Where are you getting it from?
- Nolan: I'm picking it up from Grayson Global in a few minutes.
- -- Jack walks outside a building, while Conrad and Jack both glare at each other. Conrad looks at his watch. --
- Jack: I'm going to take that bastard down, once and for all.
- -- Phone cuts off. --
- Nolan: We lost him.
- Emily: What is he talking about?! I threw that computer in the ocean myself.
- Nolan: Ems, we got a match.
- Emily: Gregor Hoffman.
- Nolan: Three tours which are missed special forces suspected of killing a diplomat outside the U.S. embassy in North Africa ... He is an assassin!
- Emily: Hoffman was in Grayson Global to fix the servers, he was there to gain access.
- Nolan: Yeah, and Jack's walking into a trap!
- Jack: Go away. This has nothing to do with you.
- Emily: This has everything to do with me. If only I have left you alone in the beginning, none of this would be happening. Don't throw your life away because of the choices that I've made.
- Jack: What choices? What are you talking about?
- Emily: Jack look at me.
- Brief flashback
- Emily: Deep down inside you've always known the truth...
- Brief flashback again, gaining momentum
- Emily: (Dropping the bombshell) I'm Amanda Clarke.
- End of season 2
- Check out Season 2 Soundtrack's main article: Season 2 Soundtrack
|This gallery only shows the official pictures released for the episode your're looking for. A more complete gallery can be found here. Any future additions should be done there.|
- First part of the Season 2 finale, which will air back-to-back with the second part as a two-hour special.
- This episode alongwith part 2 aired on Emily VanCamp's 27 birthday.
|Revenge: Season 2|
| Destiny | Resurrection | Confidence | Intuition | Forgiveness | Illusion | Penance | Lineage | Revelations | Power|
Sabotage | Collusion | Union | Sacrifice | Retribution | Illumination | Victory | Masquerade | Identity | Engagement | Truth, Part 1
Truth, Part 2
|Season 1 · Season 2 · Season 3 · Season 4|