Season 3 of Revenge is set to begin airing in the United States on September 29, 2013, the second batch on March 9. Season 3 still airs on Sundays at 9/8c on the ABC Television Network. The show was officially renewed on May 11, 2013, a day before the conclusion of Season 2, and production began in July 2013.
With a new showrunner, 'Revenge' will be "going back to its roots" for season three, according to star Emily VanCamp. That involves refocusing on the main cast and less on the big, Initiative storylines.
As is tradition, the season will start with a flash-forward which will be slowly unraveled and revealed later on in the season. This time, it will flash forward to apparently Emily Thorne's wedding; she will be in a wedding dress, but the groom will not be shown. A teaser for the season shows her apologizing to someone before being shot twice in the abdomen and falling off of a yacht.
Jack Porter is livid with what she's done. He has given Emily an ultimatum to get her problems done by summer because he's completely uncomfortable with what she's doing, and having the knowledge of what she's doing. He doesn't want to see anyone else suffer at the hands of her plan, so he gives her a timetable, which makes her put a very specific plan into action.
Victoria Grayson had also recently been reunited with her long-lost son, Patrick Harper, and has bonded with him since, a fact that both her other children are not pleased about. Charlotte Grayson was apparently kicked out of their Paris home and, upon her return, is said to see Patrick as a threat, particularly to her father's career.
Emily has had her sights on turning Victoria's children against her. She has successfully turned Daniel, and is not as successful with Charlotte and Patrick, who is surprisingly unwilling as he apparently seems to deeply and truly love his mother, a sight that according to actors on site may seem incestuous at first.
Ashley Davenport will also bid her farewell this season. She will share an awkward scene with Daniel who is just as in love with Emily as he ever was. Contrary to initial belief though, Ashley will not be killed and that the way her storyline will be resolved opens up an opportunity for her to come back with her own revenge agenda.
Emily's love life is also expected to get a lot simpler, according to Emily VanCamp, after a discussion with Sunil Nayar. She's really only using Daniel, and Jack and Aiden are her two great loves. Though there will no longer be a three-way tie for Emily's affections, her engagement with Daniel is still on, and her relationship with Jack will be tense for a while.
Meanwhile, Daniel will be working this season. After a while in Europe, Charlotte has learned a lot from the lifestyle there and has apparently grown into an adult who has gone through loss. She will be reaching out to Jack, who has just lost everyone close to him. Aiden will be front and center this season. Nolan will get a new love interest and may go through a "slutty phase".
|1||Fear||8.11||September 29, 2013|
|The summer season kicks off in The Hamptons as Emily Thorne's course of revenge is renewed and set against an unexpected timeline. Meanwhile, the return of Victoria Grayson's son brings changes and complications to the all-powerful family. And a glimpse into the future shows that the wedding of the century may lead to Emily's ultimate demise, on the Season 3 premiere of Revenge.|
|2||Sin||6.84||October 6, 2013|
|Emily's next target takes her into uncharted, sacred terrain, now that the former Grayson Global executive is a reformed clergyman. Victoria makes a bold move with Patrick, and Margaux presents Daniel with an intriguing proposal.|
|3||Confession||6.02||October 13, 2013|
|With a new lease on life, Nolan throws a housewarming party worthy of The Hampton's elite, but an unexpected guest leads to a showdown that sends shockwaves through the community, while Conrad's mortality causes him to question his sins.|
|4||Mercy||6.16||October 20, 2013|
|When Emily's biggest takedown yet crashes and burns, she must rely on help from an unlikely source to investigate what went wrong. Meanwhile, to protect her own future, Victoria makes a bold move to secure her independence.|
|5||Control||5.71||October 27, 2013|
|Emily may be losing hold of her plan, and her groom, when Daniel makes a startling statement at the Voulez magazine launch party, leaving her vulnerable and ready to do whatever it takes. And Jack is forced to make a difficult decision for the sake of his family after he finds himself in a new enemy’s crosshairs.|
|6||Dissolution||6.29||November 3, 2013|
|Roadblocks seem to be mounting for Emily as Daniel’s attention is focused elsewhere, Grayson Manor may cease to exist, and two of the most important people in Emily’s life start turning on her – leading her to do something very uncharacteristic.|
|7||Resurgence||TBA||November 10, 2013|
|Conrad hires famed party-girl turned PR mastermind Bizzy Preston to restore the Grayson family name, while Emily sinks her teeth deeper into her plan and Nolan has a revenge-agenda of his own.|
|8||Secrecy||TBA||November 17, 2013|
|Victoria eagerly throws Emily a bridal shower that neither of them will soon forget. And when Daniel grows more distant, Emily has to take drastic measures.|
|3 Week Hiatus|
|9||Surrender||TBA||December 8, 2013|
|As the wedding of the century quickly approaches, Emily puts the finishing touches on her final takedown. But the tighter Emily holds the Graysons in her grasp, the more they slip through her fingers.|
|10||Exodus||TBA||December 15, 2013|
|The wedding of the century has finally arrived and Emily's master plan is poised to go off without a hitch until enemies unite, bringing new complications and leading to dire consequences.|
|11 Week Winter Hiatus|
- This will be the first season with Sunil Nayar as the showrunner since Mike Kelley stepped down.
- This will also be the first season of Revenge to be shown in a new scheduling pattern, along with other ABC Network dramas. The show will run in two uninterrupted runs in the fall and in the spring to avoid several breaks throughout the season. It will be bridged by the limited series, Betrayal.
- This season will have a number of 24 episode, unlike previous season that stuck with 22 episodes.
- There have been several cast changes, (with only 8 regulars):
- Major characters such as Declan Porter (Connor Paolo) and Amanda Clarke (Margarita Levieva) will not be returning this season. Ashley Davenport (Ashley Madekwe) has stated she will be leaving Revenge in Season 3 due to being no 'storyline left for her to tell'. However, her arc will close within the first episode.
- New major additions who have been given multi-arc expansive storylines include: Patrick Harper (Justin Hartley), Firstborn Son of Victoria Grayson and Margaux LeMarchal (Karine Vanasse), A woman from Daniel's past. Aiden Mathis (Barry Sloane) returns as a regular after being promoted towards the mid-season finale of Season 2.
- ↑ http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Exclusives-Revenge-Wedding-Mystery-1069074.aspx
- ↑ Emily VanCamp Previews Rebooted 'Revenge'
- ↑ http://www.eonline.com/news/446439/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-scandal-pretty-little-liars-supernatural-revenge-and-more
- ↑ http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Greys-Bones-New-Girl-Spoilers-1068946.aspx
- ↑ http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Revenge-Nashville-Spoilers-1067646.aspx/
- ↑ http://tvline.com/2013/08/20/once-upon-a-time-spoilers-season-3-episode-6-ariel-ask-ausiello/
- ↑ http://tvline.com/2013/08/05/revenge-season-3-spoilers-emily-aiden-jack-triangle/
- ↑ http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20733949_30018748,00.html#30018769
- ↑ http://www.eonline.com/news/457367/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-how-i-met-your-mother-sons-of-anarchy-revenge-arrow-and-more
- ↑ http://tvline.com/2013/08/15/revenge-season-3-spoilers-victoria-aiden/
- ↑ http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Revenge-season-3-spoilers:-Nick-Wechsler-Jack-Q-and-A/9246267
- ↑ http://www.wetpaint.com/revenge/articles/2013-08-05-season-3-split-12-episodes
- ↑ Some ABC Dramas To Air In Two Batches, Deadline