|Edward Joshua Bonilla|
|Date of Birth||September 8, 1988|
|Birthplace||New York City, New York, U.S.|
Edward Joshua Bonilla (born September 8, 1988), known professionally as E.J. Bonilla is an American television and film actor. He is best known for his role as Rafe Rivera on Guiding Light.
Bonilla was born in New York City to Puerto Rican parents. His first role was on the PBS educational show Reading Rainbow. He attended John Ericsson Junior High School 126 in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, where he became involved in band, playing the trumpet. He was involved in musical theater at High School for Environmental Studies, where he graduated in 2006. After graduating from high school, Bonilla went on to originate the role of Rafe, Natalia's son, on Guiding Light in May 2007. Bonilla attends Bard College.
Most recently, Bonilla has starred in the independent film Musical Chairs. It is a story of a couple (played by Bonilla and actress Leah Pipes) who enter a wheelchair ballroom dancing competition after the girl is disabled in a traffic accident. The film went into limited release on March 23, 2012.
Bonilla was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award in the category Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series in 2009.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2006) (Episode:"Watch") as Fraco
- The Ron Clark Story (2006) as Hispanic Kid
- Guiding Light (2007–2009) as Rafe Rivera
- Don't Let Me Drown (2009) as Lalogggggg
- Law & Order (2009) (Episode:"Bailout") as Carlos
- The Mortician (2011)
- Musical Chairs (2011) (film festival showings) (2012) (limited theatrical release) as Armando
- Mamitas (2011) as Jordin Juarez
- Yelling to the Sky (2011) as Rob Rodriquez